1. What is the middle of a frequency distribution?
2. What describes an angle between 90 and 180 degrees?
D. Right angle
3. What are the American universities Yale, Harvard and Princetown collectively known as?
A. Red bricks
B. Ivy League
C. Ivory Tower
D. High Society
4. Which is the only Country through which both the equator and the tropic of Capricorn pass?
C. Central African Republic
5. Which metal is liquid at room temperature?
6. Which is the third planet from the sun?
D. The Moon
7. What is the only English anagram of the word SECTIONAL
8. What do ichthyologists study?
9. What happens to Pinocchio every time he tells a lie?
A. He loses a hair
B. His face reddens
C. His tongue protrudes
D. His nose grows larger
10. Who was the Roman god of war?
1. Species can be defined as the group if organisms that …………………….
A. resemble each other and live in the same habitat
B. are of common origin and always found together
C. resemble each other and can interbreed freely
D. resemble each other and found in the same niche 2. Which of the following has the most primitive respiratory system? …..
A. Fish B. Rat C. Toad D. Lizard 3. Which of the following constitutes the main internal tissue of a leaf? ……
A. Cuticle B. Mesophyll C. Vascular tissue D. Lower epidermis 4. Which of the following organisms is at the tissue level of organization? ….
A. Euglena B. Volvox C. Hydra D. Chlamydomonas 5. A dehiscent fruit formed from several fused carpels with many seeds is classified as ….
A. an achene B. a nut C. a legume D. a capsule 6. Pests can be controlled without the subsequent danger of polluting the ecosystem by ……
A. introducing a population of species similar to that of the pest
B. increasing the population of the natural enemies of the pest
C. eliminating the natural enemies of the pest
D. keeping the population of natural enemies of the pest constant 7. The term used in describing the effective management of natural resources by man is ….
A. conservation B. preservation C. utilization D. development 8. One of the methods of preventing measles is by …….
A. attacking the secondary host
B. vaccinating young children
C. providing clean water supply
D. attacking the vectors 9. Group instinct or social behaviour is not displayed in ……..
A. soldier ants B. bees C. chickens D. weaver birds 10. The scientist who discovered the honey-comb structure of cell was …….
A. Louis Pasteur B. Mathias Schleiden C. Theodore Schwann D. Robert Hooke 11. Which of the following is not true about a bacterial colony growing on an agar plate?. ….
A. Bacterial cells found in one colony often belong to one species
B. They are visible without the aid of the microscope
C. Different colonies have different colours
D. Only one species of bacterial colony can grow on a culture at any time